Privacy Collection Statement
Darebin City Council (“Council”) collects, holds and manages personal information under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) (“PDP Act”) and health information under the Health Records Act 2001 (“HR Act”). Your Say Darebin is Darebin City Council’s online engagement platform.
Your personal details and health information are collected via this platform so that the Council can provide you, as members of the Darebin community, with the opportunity to provide feedback and access information on all current projects that include community engagement. We use this information to:
- analyse and interpret it to help meet our objectives and obligations;
- communicate information to you about engagement opportunities, events and other initiatives; and
- respond to enquiries and otherwise engage with stakeholders.
When you engage with the Council through Your Say, the information we collect on this platform:
- Includes your postcode, which is not personal information. However, if you choose to provide any other personal information about yourself, then this is provided voluntarily to the Council and with your consent.
- The content you create as part of your interactions with this website. These can include responses to surveys, comments on discussion forums, or any of the other engagement opportunities available here.
- The profile information when you register to use this site. This includes your email address and additional demographic information as provided by you on the registration form.
- Your usage of the site - such as pages visited, documents downloaded, etc.
We may share this information with Council departments and at Council meetings for the purpose of evaluating how representative of our community the results of this survey are and actioning ideas from feedback provided. All responses will be deidentified prior to sharing.
- At times, the project may involve responses being publicly available, so if you make any comments, please do not include any personal information that you would not like to be accessible for public viewing. Please do not identify specific people by name for the sake of their privacy.
- The Council may provide personal information to its agents, such as its accountants or lawyers.
- At times, the Council may be legally required to disclose personal information, for instance to the police.
- It is possible any information you provide to Council in this survey may be held outside Victoria, please take this into account in your decision to provide answers in this Survey. If you choose to participate in this survey, you consent to the transfer and storage of the information provided outside of Victoria.
- Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
If you choose not to provide your personal and health information we may not be able to use your response in our community engagement management . We accept anonymous responses, however we will be unable to provide feedback, responses or an outcome to you without your contact details.
If you would like to gain access to your personal information, you can contact Council’s Freedom of Information officer on 8470 8888 or email to email@example.com.